Great Lakes Safety Training Center is always looking for talented professionals! Current job openings available:
POSITION TITLE: Associate Safety Specialist
EMPLOYMENT: On-Call / Casual
The Associate Safety Specialist promotes GLSTC programs and services by presenting in a positive, dynamic manner and by encouraging customers, students, and potential customers to participate in additional GLSTC training.
- Assure all GLSTC programs are in accordance with approved policies and procedures, legal requirements, and best practices.
- Participate in professional development to pursue continuous improvement and make recommendations for appropriate changes to GLSTC course content as needed.
- Conduct safety training courses according to the developed content and to make recommendations for improvements based on classroom interaction.
- Assist other GLSTC personnel in promoting the programs for use both at our facility and at our customers’ sites.
- Travel as necessary for the purposes of conducting training and building strategic partnerships.
- Special projects as requested by the Director of Operations or Executive Director.
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to Director of Operations. Communicate positively with training participants, contractors, customers, and the general public.
A Bachelor’s Degree or 7-10 years of related work experience is preferred as a minimum for this position. Use Microsoft PowerPoint, computer-based training materials, and additional media to update and/or develop training materials. Experience teaching Confined Space and Hazardous Material Safety is highly desired.
Average, ordinary visual and auditory acuity is necessary to maintain a training environment, including the ability to visually inspect documents, operate machinery, and manage students in training and testing functions. Physical strength is required to sit/stand for the purpose of maintaining a training environment, transport training materials weighing up to 50 lbs for offsite training sessions and set up or adjustment of training rooms.