Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) Program
Invest In Your Safety Career. Invest In COSS Training.
What Is COSS?
COSS is a unique, curriculum-based program that builds a solid foundation in safety knowledge for the beginning practitioner as well as the experienced professional.
The course consists of 40 hours of hands-on, instructor-led learning, delivered by OSHA-authorized trainers. COSS meets the requirements outlined in ANSI Z490.1.
A recent survey indicated 95 percent of graduates believed COSS training would help them do their jobs better, and 90 percent of those surveyed said the way the material was presented made them feel confident that they could apply all they learned to their jobs.
Why Take COSS?
COSS is an INVESTMENT in your career. COSS will provide you with the knowledge necessary to help lower fatalities, near misses, and OSHA citations.
COSS graduates will be able to:
- Determine the true cost of accidents.
- Calculate total recordable incident rates.
- Search records to assess where the likelihood of an accident may lie.
- Utilize the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Identify hazards, determine regulatory requirements, implement corrective actions, and train personnel in required changes.
- Complete risk analyses.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Develop and implement a safety audit.
- Communicate corporate safety initiatives.
- Develop and maintain company safety plans.
COSS Students Worldwide
48 States and 30 Countries
UPCOMING COURSE DATES
May 9 – 13, 2022
7:30 am – 4:00 pm
October 24 – 28, 2022
7:30 am – 4:00 pm
GLSTC Member: $1,799
Payment is required upon enrollment.
Early Bird deadline for May Class: The price will increase by $75 April 26th-28th and by $175 April 29th – May 2nd. Final enrollment deadline is May 2nd at 12:00 pm.
For a full refund, cancellations must occur 10 business days prior to the class. Cancellations made after that date will be subject to a fee equal to 1/2 the cost of the class. For no-shows, non-members will be charged the full cost of the class and members will be charged 1/2 the cost of the class.